The new release of Imagineer mocha Pro planar tracking and masking software is here! It delivers GPU acceleration and new plug-in options for Avid Media Composer and Adobe Creative Cloud.
What’s New in Imagineer Mocha Pro 5
Imagineer mocha Pro 5 continues on Imagineer’s mission to bring powerful planar tracking, masking, and VFX tools to the masses. Over the last year, Imagineer and Boris FX have focused on rebuilding the mocha code base by improving speed and workflow efficiencies. mocha Pro 5 has the ability to launch within host applications such as Avid, Adobe, Resolve, or Nuke. mocha Pro 5 is easier than ever to integrate into everyday post-production and effects environments.
OpenCL tracking is giving 2X times the speed in planar tracking. Improvements to the license activation system give users the ability to easily move their mocha license among many computers. That’s super useful!
Top New Features
- New Plug-in Option for Adobe & Avid. mocha Pro 5 is now available as a plug-in option for host editing and effects applications. This new capability adds unique tools for planar tracking, masking, and object removal tools. This makes them fully accessible in Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and Avid Media Composer.
Note: OFX plug-in support for Resolve, Nuke, and Fusion coming soon. The mocha Pro 5 standalone application is available now and fully supports Adobe, Nuke, Autodesk, and more.
- OpenCL GPU tracking performance. mocha’s planar tracking has been updated to take advantage of supported video card hardware. This brings significantly faster motion tracking on high-resolution sources.
- Python Scripting Module. New improvements to Python scripting allow mocha Pro 5 to integrate with asset management systems. The background rendering system improves facility integration.
Note: Python is available for our standalone application, not plug-ins.
- Improved licensing system allows users to easily activate and deactivate a license. Users can run mocha Pro on their computer of choice.
- New export formats including tracking and masking support for Blackmagic Fusion, Silhouette FX, HitFilm, and MochaBlend for Cinema 4D.
- Many improvements and fixes including improved layouts, faster project saving, and more.