Here’s what is new in VFX Plug-ins for the month of December at Toolfarm.com.
Mettle Skybox Studio v2
Skybox Studio lets you create and edit 360 content entirely within After Effects. Import stitched 360° footage to add text, logos, graphics and FX, do object removal and motion-tracking. Work in After Effects the way you know and love. Skybox Studio takes care of all the 360 madness.
What’s new in version 2
- SkyBox Composer: A new faster easier to work in 360° in Adobe After Effects.
- SkyBox Project 2D and SkyBox Rotate Sphere support Stereoscopic 1:1 Over/Under and 16:9 footage.
- SkyBox Creator supports more formats: Fisheye (FullDome), Cube-Map Facebook 3:2, Cube-Map Pano 2VR 3:2, Cube-Map GearVR 6:1, Equirectangular 16:9. As well as Cube Map 4:3, Sphere Map, Equirectangular 2:1.
Note: If you purchased a new SkyBox Studio v1 license after Nov 8, the upgrade to v2 is free.
SkyBox Studio V1 Compatibility
Yes, it’s compatible with SkyBox Studio version 1. Your project files can be opened in SkyBox Studio version 2. There will be installer downloads available in customer accounts, for SkyBox Studio Version 1 and SkyBox Studio Version 2.
Skybox Studio v2 is also part of the SkyBox Suite
The SkyBox Suite includes: SkyBox Studio v2, SkyBox Post FX, SkyBox 360/VR Tools, SkyBox 360/VR Transitions, SkyBox VR Player.
All for only $499.
Stupid Raisins Snap Pop
Quickly add energy to your video clips, titles and transitions, with Snap Pop.
Snap Pop animations are extremely easy to use with a simple drag and drop motion. Add a unique look to your video in seconds. Snap Pop is designed for 4K and HD videos.
Snap Pop has 110 customizable Final Cut Pro X shapes in 21 styles. Highlight an important part of your video, reveal a logo or snap some text with any of the following animated elements.
Reg: $49.00 Toolfarm Price: $44.10
See them in action in the video below.
Snap Pop requires Noise Industries FxFactory to run (Free Download).
Stupid Raisins Movie Pop (Free)
Create copycat titles of blockbuster movies. Movie Pop is a free Final Cut Pro X title plugin inspired by movie titles. All you have to do is add your own text.
This product requires Noise Industries FxFactory to run (Free Download).
Assassin’s Creed Title Template
Silhouette v6 is a fully featured, GPU accelerated compositing system. Its standout features are award winning rotoscoping and non-destructive paint as well as keying, matting, warping, morphing, and a total of 136 different nodes – all stereo enabled.
Marco Paolini, a SilhouetteFX, LLC partner, reflects upon V6’s evolution into a node-based compositor: “Silhouette V6 empowers compositors, rotoscoping and paint artists to crank out complex shots using tools that are similar, and often superior, to more costly solutions. Existing Silhouette owners, and there are many, can step up to a fully featured node-based compositor for the price of an upgrade.”
“For new Silhouette buyers,” Mr. Paolini continued, “the modest price difference between V5 and V6 is dominated by the huge step up in capability.”
What’s New in Silhouette v6
View the what’s new in v6 pdf for all the details
New License – MSRP: $1,795.00 Toolfarm Price: $1,708.10
New License + mocha – MSRP: $1,994.00 Toolfarm Price: $1,894.30
GEOlayers 2 for After Effects – now up to 10 times faster
Browse and animate maps directly in After Effects with GEOlayers. Verison 2 is faster, has customizable styles, direct access to geological features and much more.
GEOlayers connects After Effects to imagery tile servers for up-to-date maps. It also provides direct access to all kinds of geospatial features of the world. Like this you can easily draw buildings to After Effects shape layers, highlight certain country borders, streets, lakes, rivers, places, label regions, animate routes, extrude buildings… whatever you’ll need.
GEOlayers 2 comes with 14 default Server Profiles each one representing a certain map style. All of them can be used for free! All you need to do is attribute the provider. GEOlayers also does this for you. Thats not all. You can add your own ones. Use the Universal API to connect to common imagebased tileservers or create a map style in minutes with the Stamen Mapstack API. Mapbox is also fully supported. Get yourself an account there and bring all its advantages to After Effects.
What’s new in GEOlayers version 2
Version 2 is rebuilt from scratch. It has been concepted and developed to fit your needs based on user requests and ideas.
- up to 10 times faster
- better to control animation engine
- direct access to geographical Features
- powerful dynamic Labels
- customizable Styles
- one-click 3D Landscape setup
- …much more
In order to make all this possible After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) or higher is required. Legacy projects created with version 1 are not supported by GEOlayers 2.
Next Limit RealFlow 10
RealFlow is an industry-standard, out-of-the-box fluid simulation software. Fast and easy to use, it is compatible with ALL major 3D platforms. Simulate anything from a single drop of water to a massive tsunami.
RealFlow 10 introduces the new DYVERSO multiphysics solver, a highly-optimized CPU and GPU particles solver where different types of materials are simulated within the same framework and are able to interact with each other. The HYBRIDO solver is also better in terms of speed and memory. There are hundreds of issues fixed, improving the overall stability of the software, new features for a better workflow, useful new daemons and more!
PowerProduction Software Martini v3- QuickShot Creator for Post-Visualization
See into the future and visualize your upcoming shots with Martini v3! Bridging the gap between your un-shot scenes and your final edit is faster and easier than ever. No more black slugs with text explaining what “shot goes here”: show that shot with the dynamic power of Martini! From single shots to multi-shot sequences, Martini helps you create a better film.
The all-new Martini v3 release includes:
- Props. Accentuate your scene with Martini’s all-new props. Choose from hundreds of everyday objects such as vehicles, furniture, food, and animals.
- New Resizable Interface. Martini’s new user interface allows you to expand your workspace, giving you more power and flexibility in pre-visualizing your scenes.
- Hundreds of Backgrounds. Martini v3 includes hundreds of all-new exterior and interior locations that are optimized for storyboarding, providing the perfect background for your pre-vis sequences. Plus, it is easier than ever to add your own digital art and photos.
- Add-on Characters, Props, Locations, and More. On top of all the great-looking graphics that are included with Martini, over 20 new add-on libraries are now available, dramatically expanding your options for customization. Add-On Character Libraries provide the option of integrating different genres, ethnicities, and artistic styles while Add-On Prop Libraries give more detail to your shots and scenes.
- Free “Stand-In” Character Library ($20 Value). When you haven’t settled on the features of your main characters but still need to create cinematic shots, the Stand-In library lets you show off your cinematic vision while leaving your casting options wide open. The library includes 6 colorable characters in 6 poses, 3 elevations, and 8 rotations.