Autodesk has released a security tool that protects you from malicious 3rd party scripts. These viruses can corrupt the 3ds Max environment, cause data loss and instability, as well as spread to other systems.
The Security Tool provides immunity against CRP, ADSL, and ALC 3rd party scripts, and is the most effective way to detect and remove them from 3ds Max startup scripts and scene files.
Features of the Security Tool include:
- Detects CRP, ADSL, and ALC in 3ds Max startup scripts, and keeps them clean of these corruptions
- Detects CRP, ADSL, and ALC in 3ds Max in scene files no matter how they are loaded into 3ds Max (merged, xrefed, drag and dropped, loaded through scripted commands, etc), and cleans them of these corruptions
- Ensures that 3ds Max will not save CRP, ADSL or ALC corrupted scenes
- Asks for user confirmation before cleaning startup scripts and scene data
- Works in quiet and other non-interactive usage scenarios of 3ds Max, such as command line rendering and batch scripting
- Logs all its actions to the system log (Max.log)
- Does not prevent the user from fully using 3ds Max even when choosing not to clean the startup scripts or scene data
Find out more about the viruses and the tool in Autodesk’s help.