Continuum 2019 is the latest major upgrade for the most comprehensive plug-in collection on the market. Key features include the rebirth of Particle Illusion, the famed motion graphics generator, new Title Studio image-processing shaders such as glows, rays, and blurs for visually-stunning titles and lower thirds, new Mocha Essentials workspace with 4 new spline tools like magnetic edge snapping and geometric shapes for faster tracking and masking, new point-driven parameter tracking powered by Mocha, and overall GPU-acceleration.
Available now for the following hosts: Adobe, Avid, and OFX hosts such as Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve and Magix VEGAS Pro. Apple currently only available for Continuum Version 11.
What’s new in Continuum 2019
It’s back! Renowned Particle Illusion (formerly particleIllusion) gets a total overhaul in Continuum 2019. Redesigned from the ground up as a 64-bit application, Particle Illusion gives editors and artists access to an easy-to-use, powerful, high-end particle and motion graphics generator. Instantly create preset-driven photorealistic motion-tracked particle effects for titles, lower thirds, and background graphics.
- New! Real-time GPU-based Particles Generation: A slick new interface makes generating motion graphics like sparkles, smoke, fireworks, and explosions simple, and alpha blending options make compositing elements into live-action sequences a cinch.
- New! Standalone Option: Particle Illusion can be run as a standalone application, but rendering is only available as a plug-in. Artists and Editors can use the standalone to create and save a preset effect outside a host application, and then can render that saved effect from inside a host timeline.
- New! Revamped Emitter Library: The Emitter library now includes a handy search function and has been rewritten, allowing users to access an unlimited number of emitters without needing to reload libraries.
Particle Illusion is available inside Continuum 2019 as a plug-in and as a standalone application. Particle Illusion is also included in the Particles Unit.
MOCHA ESSENTIALS WITH NEW TRACKING TOOLS
Users already know and love the Academy Award-winning Mocha planar tracking tools integrated directly inside Continuum. The Continuum 2019 release provides some major updates. Say yes to faster effects masking and rotoscoping.
- New! Mocha Essentials Workspace: Editors and artists will love the simplified, clean interface that focuses on only the most essential icons and tools. Master tracking quicker.
- New! Spline Tools: 4 new spline tools make masking and roto work even more simple. Includes a new magnetic spline tool with edge-snapping, a freehand tool, and geometric shapes like ellipse and rectangle.
- New! Parameter-driven Tracking: Position point parameters in Continuum filters can now be driven directly by Mocha. Track filters like Lens Flare 3D, Rays, and Spotlights. Watch the video
- New! High-DPI and Retina Display Support
TITLE STUDIO UPDATES
Title Studio is a next-gen 2D/3D titling plug-in that can be used as a custom interface plug-in or standalone application. Easily create high-quality professional 2D or 3D titles with custom bevels, fills and styles; import 3D models from Maxon C4D or Adobe Illustrator EPS files; and add OpenGL-accelerated features like 3D extrusions, materials, cameras, lights, and deformers.
- New! Image Processing Shaders: Quickly add text treatments such as animated glows, blurs, and volumetric lighting to titles directly inside the application in real-time (GPU-accelerated). Shaders can also be applied at texture, shape or scene levels for even greater flexibility.
- New! 3D Materials: Image processing shaders create new compelling materials previously not possible. New professionally-designed material presets can be found in the Materials Palette.
- New! 8K or higher resolution support: New preferences allow users to define max texture size and display the size of each layer of text in pixels.
- New! Grids & Guidelines: Now includes a very useful grid and guides feature. The grid is totally user configurable via the new Grids Palette and users can elect to have objects in the scene snap to the grid or the guides or both.
- New! Onscreen Text Tool: Users can now select the text tool, click in the comp window and start typing, making the accurate placement and generation of titles faster and easier than ever before.
- New! Onscreen Text Box: Text objects can now be repositioned and scaled with the click of a mouse. Scale faster and more accurately.
- New! Preset Library: 150 new professionally-designed presets using the new Image Processing Shaders have been added to get users up-and-running quickly. Simply drag & drop or customize and save your presets in the new library.
- New! Faster playback: Playback within the Title Studio UI now supports 8K or higher resolutions
Title Studio is available inside Continuum 2019 as a plug-in and is also included in the 3D Objects Unit.
- Avid Effects Simplified: The introduction of Mocha-based parameter tracking renders most non-real time blue dot filters unnecessary. Non-real time filters have been moved into an obsolete folder to support the older legacy Continuum tracker.
- External Broadcast Monitor Support: Applications like Title Studio and Particle Illusion now support external broadcast monitors. Currently only available for Blackmagic Design, AJA coming soon.
- Deep Color 32-bit Support in Premiere Pro: The 32-bit float color processing option in Continuum, which has always been available in hosts such as After Effects, has been extended to include the Premiere Pro host with deep color support enabling users to generate HDR content without clipping.
Friday November 16, 2018
Boris FX Live Training Event: Explore Continuum 2019
Join Continuum Senior Product Manager, Peter McAuley, and Alan Lorence, creator of Particle Illusion, for this exclusive live event covering the upcoming new release: Continuum 2019. Now Available!
What you’ll see:
- An overview of all the new features in Continuum 2019
- An inside look at Particle Illusion, the totally revamped real-time high-end particle and motion graphics generator (formerly particleIllusion)
- Introduction to Title Studio’s new real-time image-processing shaders (glows, blurs & volumetric lighting), new grids & guidelines for easier text placement, and more
- How to track lens flares, light rays, and spotlights using new point parameter-driven tracking powered by Mocha
- A quick look at the new Mocha Essentials interface, with 4 new spline tools for faster tracking and masking
Over $15K of VFX raffles! Prizes from Foundry Production Collective (Nuke, Mari, Modo), Future Media Concepts, Avid Media Composer, VEGAS Pro, Action VFX, and the Boris FX Suite!
Time: 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST